3.15.2018

All I need is a little bit of coffee and a whole lot of Jesus!

So, this won't come off as much of a surprise but, I am not a morning person. If I could just wake up in complete quiet for like, 3 hours, that'd be great! HA! That does not happen with three children, as I'm sure most of you know! One thing is for sure though, coffee is the first thing I think of when my alarm goes off! Before starting Keto, my husband would joke that really I had creamer with a little coffee. Which was kind of true. LOL. So, when I decided to start this new way of eating I knew that I was going to have to change my coffee situation. Stat! I had been hearing a lot about the Bulletproof coffee, and honestly I was nervous to try it. I mean, butter and oil in coffee? EW! But honestly, its not bad at all! Its actually quite good! So, I wanted to share with you how I make mine, and some of the awesome benefits if you are doing Keto as well!

Benefits of Bulletproof coffee when eating a Keto lifestyle:
  • It helps to keep you feeling full for a longer period of time
  • MCT Oil has been known to stabilize blood sugars, improve brain function and even help your mood! 
  • Increases the amount of fat your body burns
  • Reduces cravings 
  • And you can even substitute breakfast for this because it is so filling!

Ingredients I use are:
  • 1 Cup of brewed coffee of your choice
  • 1 TBSP of MCT Oil
  • 1 TBSP of Heavy Whipping Cream
  • 1 TBSP of Ghee
  • 1 TBSP of Sweetener of choice- I like this
  • 1/2 TSP of Cacao Powder
  • *Sometimes I will add a dash of cinnamon on top once its all mixed
Once you get all of that together, I use a Bullet blender to emulsify all the ingredients together! Remember that water and oil don't mix, so we have to force them together. I turn it on and let it run for about 10 seconds and then its finished! What you are left with is a creamy and frothy coffee! So yummy! 

I hope this helped any of you who were wondering what all the fuss is about this coffee! Its definitely my go to every morning and keeps my feeling full until lunch time! 
Let me know if you decide to try it and what you thought! 



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment