1.25.2013

7/30 Things : Dream Job

What Is Your Dream Job And Why?


I like to think I'm living my dream job right now. I am a Hairstylist, and Nail Tech. I"m self employed, make my own hours, and I get to be home with my family more. I made this big change in my life about a year and a half ago. Before that I managed a hair salon that I had been working at for the last eight years. It was a great job, paid good, and I worked with a couple friends. But at the end of the day I was never technically off work, if it snowed I had to somehow get my butt in there, if someone called in sick I had to drop whatever I was doing to cover. It was just too much stress for me. I knew that with the health problems my husband was going through at the time, my daughter starting school, and us trying to get pregnant, I needed to figure out something else to do. So, a friend of mine came to me and asked if I was interested in coming out to her salon to work. It was closed at the time, but she was wanting to open it back up and didn't want to do it alone. So, honestly it was perfect timing, and I made the plunge. I was scared to death (still am some days), but honestly, I love it. 

I have however thought about going to college to get a degree in Psychology, possibly to do adoption counseling. With all the fertility problems my husband and I went through, adoption was something we had thought about and I just feel like it would be an awesome opportunity to help women with this decision. Its still being discussed between my husband and I, but I don't know what Ill end up doing. Right now, I'm happy where I am, doing what I'm doing. :)







Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment