1.24.2013

6/30 Things : Hardest Thing

What Is The Hardest Thing You Have Ever Experienced?


This is kind of a tough question, I have been through quite a few hard things in my lifetime. But I believe losing my Nanny to Cancer was the hardest. She battled it for just under a year, and it was a very tough thing to have to watch her go through. She had small cell lung cancer, which pretty much took over her lungs, then her brain. We really thought in the beginning that she was going to beat it, at least for a couple years, she was doing so well with the treatment until her last couple doses of radiation. At that point she started acting really weird, forgetting things, acting like a child. We found out about a month later that is was because she had several dozen tumors in her brain, it had spread that quick. Soon after that it was just a waiting game, she started to decline very quickly. She went into a coma, and within a couple months we lost her. I remember just wishing it would happen already, sitting there every day watching her die was so incredibly painful, I honestly think it would have been easier if she had just died unexpectedly. But that last year I tried to make as much time for her as I could, and I'm so glad I did. She was a very special lady, and I'm glad she was part of my life. 

Me, Nanny & My Sister Melody





Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment